alice

alice

Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm so clever. I made a baby!

Hello world.

It is currently 5.13am and usually at this time I would be sleeping and if I were awake, I'd be so unhappy about it. But not today. Because as of the 8th of August at 1.26am and am now a proud mummy :)

My little angel, Alice-Ella Sandra was born weighing 8lb 7oz and 20 inches long. She is just the most beautiful baby ever. I know everyone says that but I can't believe we made her. I feel so clever :)

I'm hoping we get to go home today because I miss my bed and being with my husband. I want alice to sleep in her own bed not this plastic crib.

I'm so excited. My labour was short but oh so painful. By the time I got to the hospital it was too late to have any type of pain relief besides gas, but that made me feel weird so I did it totally drug free :)

I started to feel pain at about 6pm on the 7th of August but just thought it was cramps or something and just simply dismissed it. At 7.30 when my husband got home from work i was on my exercise ball bouncing away and I told him these feel different. By 9pm I was in the bath with contractions lasting 40 seconds and about 2-3 minutes apart. We called the hospital at 9.30 and they said come up.

At about 9.45pm I was inspected and I was already 5cm dilated so off to the labour ward we went.

I was in the bath until about 11.45pm and the was inspected as was 9cm. I had to be on my knees because she was posterior and we wanted her to turn. The contractions were so strong I was screaming. At about 12.25am they broke my water and I was able to start pushing. From there it was 1 hour until she was born. It was such a crazy feeling but I now know that all my pleading to let me go home and I don't want to do this was all in my mind and I'm so glad I did because I now have my precious angel :)



Mell

No comments:

Post a Comment